Rooted in our belief in "Quality first," we, the Aisin group of companies strive to actively contribute to the creation of a sustainable society and environment through our business activities in each country and territory in which we operate. To this end, in accordance with the following seven principles, irrespective of the location, we respect human rights, abide by the letter and spirit of all applicable laws, rules and regulations, and act in a sincere and socially responsible manner:
- (Safety and Quality)
- 1. We strive to gain the satisfaction and trust of consumers and users by developing and offering products and services that are beneficial to society, while giving substantial consideration to safety.
- 2. We are committed to fair and open competition. We comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations and are socially responsible in conducting our business. We also maintain ethical relationships with government officials and do not establish or maintain relationships with individuals or groups that promote illegal activities or threaten public order or safety.
- (Disclosure and Communication)
- 3. We make available to the public our corporate information in a user-friendly and fair manner, and actively communicate with our stakeholders* in order to establish and develop healthy relationships.
- (Human Rights and Labor)
- 4. We respect the character, individuality, and diversity of our employees and provide a safe, enjoyable, positive and productive work environment in order to help them achieve a balanced and fulfilling life.
- 5. We recognize that how to deal with our environment is a matter touching all humans and is of critical importance to our corporate existence and business activities, and we proactively and positively address environmental issues.
- (Corporate Citizenship)
- 6. We respect the culture and customs of each country and territory in which we operate, and we actively contribute to the civic activities closely connected to our local communities.
- (Company Leadership)
- 7. Our senior management takes a lead in upholding these principles, and will continue to seek input from both within and outside the group. Further, we provide thorough instruction in these principles to all persons within the group, and make known these principles to everyone concerned, including our suppliers. If there is a violation of these principles, senior management takes necessary measures to resolve the issues and will strictly discipline those individuals (including senior management) responsible for violations of the principles.
January 1, 2010
*The term "stakeholders" refers to all the persons and organizations connected with our company operations, including our employees, shareholders, creditors, community residents, states, and local government agencies.