Personal Information Protection Policy
Aisin AW recognizes the importance of protecting personal information in today's information-based, network-driven society and is committed to maintaining the integrity of such information based on the following corporate policies derived from the Aisin Group Principles of Corporate Behavior.
1.Establishing and Continuously Improving Regulations Relating to the Personal Information Protection
- Aisin AW has established these policies as well as other regulations governing the appropriate use and protection of personal information. We are committed to ensuring that these regulations are well known throughout the company, among both corporate officers and employees, and to implementing and improving them on an ongoing basis.
2.Collecting and Using Personal Information in an Appropriate Way and Addressing the Needs of Affected Individuals
- As part of its observation of regulations relating to the protection of personal information as well as other associated regulations, Aisin AW has established a system of management to ensure the protection of personal information in the context of the specific business practices of individual divisions. We are also committed to collecting, using, and providing personal information in an appropriate and proper manner, including addressing the needs of the individuals about whom such information is collected, for example by disclosing their information to them and revising it as necessary.
3.Ensuring the Accuracy and Safety of Personal Information
- In addition to working to maintain the accuracy and currency of the personal information it collects, Aisin AW has put into practice a systematic regime of safety measures designed to prevent the loss, destruction, falsification, or improper disclosure of that information.
4.Observing Laws and Other Standards Relating to the Protection of Personal Information
- Aisin AW observes all laws relating to the protection of personal information, as well as relevant standards and guidelines established by governmental bodies and other organizations.
5. Personal Information Management Responding to Overseas Laws and Regulations
- Aisin AW has established rules for the handling and transfer of personal data to regions outside the Europe Union (EU) to appropriately respond to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which was enforced in the EU in May 2018.