Striving to actualize such an automobile, Aisin AW made advancements in gear shifting mechanisms from 4-speed to 5-speed, and then 5-speed to 6-speed.
We did not simply make advances in multi-staging. While incorporating the latest control and production technologies, we also completely redesigned internal mechanisms in our products to make them lighter and more compact for installation on a wide range of vehicles.
High Torque Capacity RWD 10-speed AT(AWR10L65)
- Rhythmic and smooth shift change is achieved with cross gear steps
- Weight reduction for components, improved hydraulic response, and accuracy achieve excellent responsiveness to the driver’s acceleration
- The LOCK-UP range is significantly expanded by developing a high performance small torque converter, and transmission efficiency is increased which resulted in fuel economy improvememt
*The world’s first for passenger vehicles
High Torque Capacity FWD 8-speed AT(AWF8G45)
- Achieved significant improvement in fuel economy and drivability by drastic reduction of loss torque and expansion of LOCK-UP range
- Downsized light-weight transmission realized by revising gear train structure, reconsidering material, and optimizing its shape
Sienna, Highlander (Toyota)