CSR Respect for Human Diversity
To continue to grow as a global company, Aisin AW considers it important that a group of people who are diverse in terms of age, sex, language, nationality and sense of values can work together with vigor and enthusiasm while feeling rewarded at the same time.
The company strives to expand labor management systems and change employees' consciousness to promote the establishment of an employee-friendly and vibrant working environment so that each employee can fully demonstrate their ability.
Enhancement of Diversity
《Employment status》 (Unit: persons)
|As a percentage of total full-time,permanent employees||8.3%||8.9%||9.4%|
|Employees re-hired after retirement||227||227||232|
|As a percentage of total full-time,permanent employees||1.3%||1.2%||1.1%|
|Employees with disabilities||278||313||337|
|Employment rate of employees with disabilities||2.0%||2.1%||2.1%|
|As a percentage of total full-time,permanent employees||0.5%||0.4%||0.5%|
Promotion of Expansion of Female Roles
Aisin AW provides support so that female employees can successfully juggle their jobs and family life to work actively with peace of mind, by upgrading the working environment, including improvement of various programs for supporting compatibility and welfare programs, and other career-supporting measures.
Holding seminars for employees who have returned from maternity leave
Distributing a guidebook for women who return from child-bearing and child-care leave in addition to a guidebook for child-bearing and child-care leave
The IKUBOSU (parenting support) Course for Managers
Main Certifications Related to Support for Compatibility Between Work and Childcare Obtained
Family Friendly Company
Number of employees who took childcare and long-term family-care leave
|Long-term family-care leave||Female||5||2||2|
|Shortened working hours for childcare||Female||234||261||276|
Systems to childcare and long-term family-care leave
- Pregnancy and post-childbirth leave: Six weeks before and eight weeks after childbirth
- Childcare leave: Until the child reaches the age of two
- Shortened working hours for childcare: Until the child enters third grade in elementary school at maximum
- Reassurance leave: Carried over paid leave; maximum of 20 days
- Nursing leave for children: Until the child enters elementary school at most; annual maximum 5 days/child, up to 10 days/year in the case of two or more children
- Nursing leave for family members: Annual maximum 10 days/person requiring nursing care, up to 20 days/year in the case of two or more persons requiring nursing care
- Shortened working hours for family care: For the period a family member requires nursing care
- Long-term family-care leave: 3 years/person requiring nursing care
- Limitation on overwork, work on holidays and late-night work
- Rehiring of the spouses of overseas transferees: A system to rehire Aisin AW employees who resigned from Aisin AW in order to accompany a spouse transferred overseas and returned to Japan after the spouse completed the overseas tour
- Family plan support program: a system to support those suffering from infertility in balancing work and medical treatment
- Work from home system: a system which allows employees to work at home while engaging in child/nursing care
Number of female employees hired and the number of female supervisory employees
|Females as a percentage of all employees hired||9.9%||9.9%||10.6%||6.4%|
|Females as a percentage of all employees hired||20.0%||36.4%||27.9%||29.2%|
|Technical staff at production sites, etc.*||146||115||139||238|
|Females as a percentage of all employees hired||24.5%||20.5%||21.8%||23.7%|
|General office clerks||22||11||11||11|
|Females as a percentage of all employees hired||100.0%||100.0%||100.0%||100.0%|
|Number of supervisory employees||5||4||6|
|As a percentage of all full-time, all employees hired||0.3%||0.3%||0.3%|
The percent signs (%) in this figure show the percentage of female and the number of employees hired in each job category.
*Does not include the number of students of the Aisin AW Advanced Skill Training Academy
To further promote expansion of female roles
Aisin AW will continue to make efforts to expand female roles from the points of view of career development, compatibility between work and their private lives, etc. so that female employees will be able to demonstrate their ability more fully and play a more active role than before.
Employment of persons with disabilities
On the basis of the concept of "normalization," AW aims to create workplaces where employees can make full use of their capabilities, regardless of their abilities/disabilities. To this end, the company matches workplaces and employees by utilizing an internship system, etc. and decides where to post them.
Furthermore, AW actively participates in recruitment events for persons with disabilities, with the number of employees with disabilities amounting to 337 as of March 2019.
Furthermore, with the aim of creating workplaces where all members can work enthusiastically, sign language lessons and education programs for managers and supervisors of workplaces with disabled employees are held periodically.
Finger language class
Get-together for making friends
Promoting national employee diversity
As part of the increasing globalization of our business activities, the nationalities of employees in our Group become more diversified year by year. As of March 2019, Aisin AW has 355 foreign employees.
Re-employment after retirement
Our company has established a program to rehire retired employees, enabling them to work until the age of 65.
System for transferring to full-time, permanent employee status
Aisin AW has a system for transferring contract workers to full-time, permanent employees, on such conditions as motivation toward work and future growth potential.