CSR Environmental Management
Aisin AW has established an Environmental Policy in order to achieve "contribution to environment and society" in accordance with its management philosophy of "Quality First." All employees are involved in the company's environmental conservation program.
- 1. Aisin AW implements an Environmental Management System that is geared to all the company's business activities, from development through to sales; it sets objectives and targets on a global basis based on this Environmental Policy; and it works to make continual improvements to its Environmental Management System through regularly reviews, as it implements the system according to plan.
- 2. Aisin AW complies with all applicable environmental regulations enacted by national and local governments (laws and regulations, pollution control agreements, etc.) and with all other requirements to which the company commits. It also actively implements measures to prevent pollution.
- 3. Aisin AW promotes the development of earth-friendly new products and technologies that take account of the life cycles and manufacturing activities with consideration to environmental issues.
- 4. Aisin AW strives to make effective use of natural resources and energy, and actively implements measures to minimize use of environmentally harmful substances, make logistics efficiency improvements, and expand resource recycling.
- 5. Aisin AW promotes environmental conservation activities.
- 6. Aisin AW clearly documents its Environmental Policy and ensures that all employees are thoroughly conversant with its details. It also urges them to act on the letter and spirit of the policy.
- 7. Aisin AW publishes details of its environmental conservation activities, including its Environmental Policy.
Structure and Organization
Aisin AW uses organizational action in its environmental policy management approach as a means of making that policy more concrete. Subcommittees of the Environment Committee prioritize and discuss issues with particular significance for the company's business.Aisin AW is committed to sharing information to facilitate AW Group activities and initiatives. Aisin AW formulated its Sixth Environmental Initiative Plan, which is the guideline/plan for environmental actions from fiscal 2016 to fiscal 2020.
Acquisition of ISO 14001
Aisin AW has acquired ISO 14001 certification for all its business activities. As well as strengthening our environmental protection efforts by making our operations transparent, ISO 14001 has enhanced the trust of our customers.
Aisin AW acquired ISO 14001 certification for all departments on July 24, 1999, including the Head Plant, Machine & Tools Department and Prototype Department (each in Anjo City), Okazaki Plant and Okazaki East Plant (both in Okazaki City), Tahara Plant (Tahara City), Gamagori Plant (Gamagori City), Kira Manufacturing Department (Nishio City) and AWQUIS JAPAN Co., Ltd. (Okazaki City)
ISO 14001 Certificate of Registration
Environmental Education and Training
We believe that human resources are the most important factor in the success of environmental protection activities. To promote environmental protection effectively, it's vital that each and every one of our employees are made aware of environmental problems and that they work together with a clear understanding of their own roles in solving them. In view of this, Aisin AW runs continuous environmental education and training programs, in order to utilize the various skills of our employees to produce concrete results.
Environmental Education System
|Aimed at:||Main details|
Fundamentals of environmental protection
Environmental policies of Aisin AW
Importance of observing rules
Environmental management procedures
Roles and responsibilities
Operation and checking
Dealing with abnormalities and emergencies
Workers in environment-related facilities:
Workers who are either directly involved in activities that impact on the environment or who work in acilities that have an impact on it.
Environmental accounting seeks to provide an understanding of environmental conservation costs, which represent outlays targeted at reducing the environmental burdens arising from business activities, and the environmental conservations benefits (material benefits and economic benefits) obtained as a result of those activities. The discipline serves as a means of evaluating the extent to which a given organization is engaged in environmental conservation.
Environmental conservation costs for FY2016 totaled ￥11.2 billion.
These costs are equivalent to approximately 1% of the company's annual revenue.
Environmental conservation benefits (economic benefits) totaled ￥1.7 billion.
In addition to continuing its aggressive information disclosure policy, Aisin AW is committed to streamlining its environmental conservation programs by upgrading management tools to better reflect the unique requirements of environmental management. The company also plans to aggressively introduce consolidated environmental accounting for targeted group companies.